Here is a list of what we believe looks bad on a resume:
- Spelling and grammatical mistakes. Download the free version of www.Grammarly.com as an easy fix to this common problem.
- Unprofessional or too fancy resume fonts. Make sure your resume is easy to read quicky with the right fonts and sizes.
- Overly wide or narrow margins. Too much blank space can be annoying to a hiring manager or recruiter. Use your space well.
- A headshot. If you want a recruiter to know what you look like, include a link to your LinkedIn profile and include a professional headshot there.
- Like ‘pivot’. 2020 has ruined that word for good.
- Irrelevant experience or skills. Recruiters and hiring managers don’t want to have to read through pages of irrelevant experience and try to work out how you might fit into this role. You need to prove you are perfect.
- Job hopping. Too many jobs in a short timeframe will be a red flag to someone who is looking for a committed or loyal employee.
- Long or unexplained gaps in your work history. These should all be explained in your cover letter.