A student should put the following on a CV (also commonly called a resume):
- A detailed education section (including grades, GPA, medals, awards and honours)
- Any relevant work experience, including part time work, internships and volunteering work
- Extracurricular activities
- Leadership experience (such as club positions or being the captain of a sports team)
- Soft skills that make you seem like you will be a great culture fit and someone worth investing in
Including the above information on your CV helps give employers an idea of what it will be like to work with you, even if you don’t have extensive work experience.